CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

"....no matter how many motherless women I meet in my travels, I never stop being surprised by how much we have in common, despite our obvious differences. This is true regardless of the ages we were when our mothers died; the exact cause of loss; our families' racial, ethnic, or socioeconomic makeup; and the ages we are now."
- Hope Edelman in "Motherless Daughters The Legacy of Loss"

I find this subject the hardest to talk about. Being a woman without her mother is something people don't understand. I don't feel as if I can talk about this with my family or my friends.

If and when I bring up the subject, I hear many comments, about, hey arn't you over that yet. Grow up! Chin up. There are harder things in life.

And ya know your right, but being a motherless daughter has CHANGED who I am. It effects every part of my life, my being and my feelings.

This blog may see alot of rambling on this subject. Just a heads up.

1 comments:

classic kim said...

good on ya for saying whatever you want to say! i look forward to reading more of what's on your mind!

Blog Archive