CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 6, 2008


Tap Dancing.

Yep I take tap dancing. I make fun of myself for it, but secretly I love doing it. I'm not that good, but it feels nice to be able to dance and have fun while exercising. I loathe exercising. I do, but I do it because I feel guilty, and I'm sick of being fat. I do it for my health, but I don't like it. But tap dancing doesn't feel like exercising to me although I always come home sweaty and tired like I've been at the gym.

I've always been self concious of my body, and once again I am going through my body issues. I never feel adequate. I can count the number of times on one hand that I've felt truly beautiful. I'm not really sure how to fix it, but it's always there. I wonder if I'm single cause I'm too fat or too ugly. I question every outfit I wear, wondering what people are thinking, where people probably don't care that much, do they? I don't know.

I have my dance recital this upcoming week. I have many students dancing in the recital with me. It will be exciting and I will enjoy it. But I have this fear that I won't be any good and people will laugh. It will be fine and I know it in my head, I just need to keep reminding myself.

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Why am I here??? said...

uggghhhh body issues!!!! I join you in that boat, so you're not the only one who thinks that way!!!!

I'm glad you enjoy your dance class. Don't let anyone tell you you can't do it!!!! You're gonna rock your recital ;)

Will said...

Hey hey, I just watched the vid of the recital and all I gotta say is sweet deals man :) I'm totally stoked for ya.

Blog Archive