CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 18, 2010

2010

Well we are 18 days into the new year. And what a year it has been already.

I started this year, with the resolution to be myself and to be completely and honestly and openly me. I also put into effect a 5 date rule and decided to not settle anymore. I'm tired of dating/meeting the jerks and I'm willing to wait for that person. I also know that I will meet that person come hell or high water.

This year also started with me adopting a puppy from the local Regina Humane Society. She is a 4 month old American Staffordshire Terrier Cross. She is pretty smart, and somewhat stubborn. She fits in well with the household, if she just would quit jumping all over Koda my cat and actually let Koda lay on the couch for a couple minutes. We start obediance this week so I'm looking forward to learning how to work with her and having a very well behaved dog.

I also got some super exciting news. I am offically on the track for adopting my first child. I know it seems scary, and it is in someways, but also for me it is very exciting. The idea of giving birth to my own children has been for me one that has wavered throughout my life. I struggle with PCOS, and since I was 16, the doctors have told me that I am/will stuggle with having children. I know there are ways, but I don't want to bank on being able too. At 25, I went to the local office of social services and applied to adopt. I was told it was going to be 5-7 years on a waiting list and after being on that list of one and a half years I am adopting. This is a new venture for me, and while I know my life is about to change drastically, I am incredibly excited for this moment.

I know 2010 is going to be my year. I can't wait to see what this year has in store for me. Hows your 2010 going for you?

4 comments:

Why am I here??? said...

RIGHT ON!!!!!!

YOU GO GIRL!

Lindsay said...

Thanks Jen. Scary, but oh so exciting!

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's a pretty big year ahead. Thanks for saving a life and congrats on the baby to come. Is the puppy's eye injured?

Lindsay said...

Nope the puppies eyes are just two different colors. It doesn't come out in the pictures.

Blog Archive