CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 19, 2008


I had the fantastic oppurtunity to spend my weekend with teenagers from all over Saskatchewan. We got to spend time, talking and discussing the dangers and implications of drinking and driving.

I was so proud of my students and their determination to save lifes and work together to stop this from happening. I don't teach high school kids, but I'm glad tht I got to spend my weekend with a group of great students.

One of the best speakers I have ever seen was there. Cara Filler (www.carafiller.com) was there, and did a talk of risk-taking, traffic safety. Her talk was not necessarily about drinking and driving, but included that as well. She has been personally affected by someones reckless driving. She lost her twin sister to a preventable accident. I related to much of what she said and really appreciated her sense of humor and her ways to taking us from crying to laughing so hard we were peeing our pants.

As much as I don't like drinking and driving (I HATE IT) I also can not stand reckless driving. We can prevent accidents and there would be less tragedy if we just took our time. I have been affected personally. I lost my Mom just before my fourth birthday. I have missed her more then anything and it was a preventable accident. Please, take your time while driving. If you've had a drink, please don't drive. Options, please use them. Prove my students right, that people will listen and stop and save lifes!

0 comments:

Blog Archive