CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Imagine my surprise....

when I was told by a student who I would be marrying even though I am quite single.
Lets start at the beginning okay?

So I had my students sitting in their show and tell circle. We had made it through all the "shows" without any incidents. As we made it to the "tells" the students all had lots of information to tell me. This is always when I get some giggles for the day. I always find out information that probably shouldn't come to school, such as whose Mom got new lingerie and whos parents are fighting because one is working more then the other thinks they should.

This particular day, one little boy says, to the whole group, "My dad says that he might marry Ms. Gray." I was shocked. This Dad is at least 45, and not my type at all. All the kids ofcourse believed him and were shooting questions at me left and right. It was all I could to not fall over laughing. I had to explain that no I wasn't getting married to this students dad, but I would probably marry someone else.

This opened a whole new can of worms. They wanted to know, who and when, would they be invited. I had to fake my way through it.

So, if you hear I'm getting married in the near future, just smile and nod and realize I was saving my ass....

0 comments:

Blog Archive